Mono & World's End Girlfriend - Palmless Prayer/Mass Murder Refrain (2005)

One of my favorite albums of all time. Yeah, it's by the two big names in Japanese post rock. Yeah, it's got strings and crescendos and shit. But I'll be damned if this isn't one of the most beautiful albums that has come out of that tired, worn-out genre. My heart breaks every time I listen to this. Comment if you feel the same way, or if you think that a man should never react to music like that.

Part 1
Part 2

Note: The size of the .rar was a hair over 100mb, hence the two parts.

6 Responses so far.

  1. Moshi says:

    I really like The Lie Lay Land, so I'll definately check this out.

  2. harcor says:

    Absolutely beautiful and utterly compelling. First time I've come across this blog, and I must say, it's absolutely outstanding. My only criticism would be concerning the absolute disregard for Lightning Bolt! :(

  3. kthxbye says:

    This album is fucking perfect. Tough i find myself starting from track 3 most of the time :3

  4. kthxbye: start from track 3 is cheating ;) the crescendo from the first 2 tracks is essential to fully absorb that track.

    This album is a pearl in an ocean of pre-made rules of how to make music. Just perfect.

  5. the only genre that hasn't sold out i guess.

Leave a Reply