The Octopus Project - Golden Beds (2009)

The first new material from The Octopus Project in two years, finally in a decent (V0) quality. I don't really know what to say about this little oddity. There are startlingly beautiful moments on the EP, and the song structure is better than ever before. But then they go and put a track with four minutes of rambling introduction on a nineteen minute record, and I have to ask what in God's name they were thinking. I guess I should stop expecting to "get" what this band does and just enjoy the five new tracks. It's all O.P. through and through. If you like all the acoustic-electronic interplay and cyclical hooks they do so well, you'll love this.

Kind of like: Early Black Moth Super Rainbow, Instrumental cuts from Amnesiac but much better

Download

5 Responses so far.

  1. Twee says:

    Tracks 1 and 5 are corrupt and won't extract.

  2. Tropolist says:

    fuck this shit I am taking a hiatus until I can figure out how to upload an album without it dropping out and resetting a dozen fucking times and then not even working.

  3. tokyo sex says:

    that explains everything.

  4. Moshi says:

    2/5 tracks corrupt?

    fail

  5. Mediafire has more issues with this kind of thing than megaupload or rapidshare. Which is too bad, because I prefer downloading off mediafire because it's usually faster.

    I like your blog, I hope you continue to put up with the hassle :)

Leave a Reply