Arts The Beatdoctor - Transitions (2007)


I've been meaning to post this since I first joined the blog, but have had hard drive issues over the past year or so and have just now gotten everything back. Expect some more frequent uploads from me now (probably).
Arts the Beatdoctor makes a good blend of dark, chill, jazzy hip-hop. Some of the tracks on this album have vocals or rapping, but they're interspersed with a healthy dose of awesome instrumental tracks. The music on this album evokes a sort of cinematic nighttime feel that's hard to exactly describe, so I'll leave it up to you to listen. I STRONGLY recommend you check this out, even if it's a bit out of your comfort zone musically. Some tracks are heavier on the jazzy side, others on the hip-hop, and still others sort of fall between, but touch upon other genres at the same time. There's some great stuff going on here.

tl;dr: chill jazz inflected hip-hop with a nighttime atmosphere, worth downloading

get this shit

Comment if you like, and here's his website.

4 Responses so far.

  1. Mayakl says:

    I've had this for awhile. AMAZING.

  2. Yeah I got this back when it came out and was blown away. I still like it a lot.

  3. i dont listen to this kind of music nowadays but i liked it! ty <3

  4. Amanda says:

    I can vouch that this is perfect atmosphere music for cooking a good meal AND running through software validation. ;-)

Leave a Reply