Astronautalis - Pomegranate (2008)


Astronautalis is the moniker of one Andy Bothwell. The gist of his music seems to gravitate toward hip-hop, despite some songs on this album not being exactly hip-hop but rather rock I would surmise to call it. To those of you thinking, "oh great, another white boy rapper," I request you reconsider your initial judgment on the basis that this is not cookie-cutter grade rap, but quite novel and exceedingly listenable. I was pleasantly surprised when I first played this album. I should think you will be too.

Download & Comment

Categories: , , ,

5 Responses so far.

  1. Hi!

    may I propose you some good music?

    http://www.mediafire.com/?tqyq2lylumm

  2. H@m says:

    Good music? This IS good music. Not great, but really worth a listen. I wouldn't call this rap or hip-hop unless you call Faith No More it too.

    Thanks for this, reminds me of Subaudible Hum.

  3. Unknown says:

    Weird, i randomly saw this guy live last night. He screamed way too much on stage, but he did a pretty badass freestyle.

  4. Unknown says:

    definitely check out his other albums.. "you and yer good ideas' which would be the most 'hip hop' of them, 'the mighty ocean and nine dark theaters' being the inbetween from the first to pomegranate. if youre not sure after the first listen, try another. really, really supurb music here.

  5. Ripley says:

    I love this guy! He is so awesome :) Very much experimental,indie, rock and hip-hop blend that he plays off wonderfully. I've listened to him for the last couple years and he's amazing!

Leave a Reply