Tor & Sufjan Stevens - Illinoize (2009)



This is a pretty well done album of mashups with Sufjan songs mixed with people like Aesop Rock, Outkast, Grand Puba, and Blackalicious. Like all mashup albums it has some good stuff and some not so good stuff, but this one is definitely above average and the tracks mix quite nicely. What do people think about mashup albums? Are they still cool in 2KX? Should I post any more?

10 Responses so far.

  1. Joe says:

    I've never been a fan of mashups but the rap + something very not rap-like ones are usually best

    post whatever you like!

  2. i like this,..
    in case you havent heard the other sufjan mashup-- you should search for nyc's the metermaids doing roughly the same thing, but exclusively with songs from the illinoise album.. ..--

  3. H@m says:

    Mash ups can be quite good. I'm a fan of the ones Joe mentioned, such as Team Teamwork(They also have the best album name ever, Ocarina of Rhyme.)

    But I never really liked Sufjan Stevens, his song feel to much like a Disney film.

  4. jc says:

    i read 2KX as "two kay wut"

  5. Telmo says:

    I'm with Joe, I love mashups of non rap songs. I know they're pretty rare, but rap is just too easy to mix with anything and it seems like anyone and their mother can do a mashup like that.

  6. Amanda says:

    LOVE mash-ups. Keep them coming! Good for working out, good for working, good for... okay, I can't think of anything they're not good for. Probably not good to play in the background of a Powerpoint presentation at work. Like that's a bad thing.

  7. I've had this since it came out, and it's always good for a spin, love it love it love it

  8. Unknown says:

    I love mashups. Remixes in general I think are underappreciated. Maybe thats cause most aren't that great. But when someone puts a lot of work into it, I think it shows.

  9. Clinty says:

    WOW, i really loved the tallest man one

Leave a Reply