PJ Harvey - To Bring You My Love (B-Sides) (1995)


You guys.

Not sure why these were released as b-sides, because every track is golden. She starts unapologetically, immediately screaming her desire to "wanna bathe in milk, eat grapes, Robert DeNiro sit on my face", and continues her ruthless and reckless energy throughout.

It goes to some strange places, but the entire thing is worth two tracks in particular - Maniac, which channels the same vibe of her better known single Down By The Water, and Harder, which evokes the best moments of her Rid of Me album days - which are two of the sexiest, rawest, oh-god-I'm-so-turned-on vocal performances alive.

Mmmmmm yeahhhhhh

One Response so far.

  1. Lana says:

    Yeah man, I think she actually pulls the first lyric of To Bring You My Love (a-side) off of Beefheart... "I was born in the desert" (from Safe as Milk, yeah?)

    So good, so good

Leave a Reply